Entrepreneurship Development Clubs
Overview of ED Clubs
Department of Industries & Commerce, Government of Kerala formulated a scheme to set up Entrepreneurship Development Clubs in schools and colleges of the State to inculcate Entrepreneurial Culture amongst youth and equip them with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as torch-bearers of Enterprise for the new generation. There are around 500 ED Clubs registered across Kerala of which around 350 are actively engaged in entrepreneurship activities .
To create wealth and employment commensurate with unlimited natural and immense human resource potential of Kerala by developing entrepreneurship in the youth. To bring in a new development culture in the state by making the youth aware of the immense potential available, and equip them to take up entrepreneurial ventures, thereby reversing the brain-drain and wealth outflow
- To inculcate social virtues i.e., trustworthiness, integrity, hard work, discipline, honesty etc. as constituents of entrepreneurship.
- To change the mind set on the negative attitude prevailing in the state for taking up entrepreneurship as a career.
- To sensitise students on the real economic and industrial development scenario of the state.
- To make them aware of the unlimited developmental potential of the State.
- To inculcate an entrepreneurial culture in students.
- To enable them to take informed decisions.
- To induct the entrepreneurial spirit in the institutions.
- To bring in successful entrepreneur and students on a common platform.
- To motivate the members to venture into the industrial activity.
- To educate members on various dimensions of industry.
- To nurture the latent entrepreneurial talent
Any College, Higher Secondary School, or High School with at least 25 interested students may set up an EDC, with a teacher/faculty preferably from Commerce or Economics as Coordinator. In schools, the preferable members would be from the Classes XI and XII.
The scheme will be implemented in selected Engineering colleges, Polytechnics, Arts and Science colleges and Higher Secondary schools. Government aided and unaided institutions can set up EDCs. Students willing to join the EDC will be enrolled as members.
Functions of the club
- Organise interactive sessions with successful entrepreneurs from outside as well as within the State.
- Organise workshops/debates.
- Organise industrial visits to business enterprises within /outside State.
- Interaction with promotional agencies / successful entrepreneurs / other stake holders
- Exposure to national and international events in various parts of the country related to industrial developments.
- Organize Entrepreneurship Clinics & Entrepreneur Awareness Programme.
- To introduce talented youths to industrial research organizations.
- To familiarize the youths to the latest developments through media.
YUVA BOOT CAMP – STATE CONCLAVE